Living with domestic abuse?
If you feel you are being abused...
- You're not alone, many women and men experience domestic abuse in their lifetime
- You don't have to deal with this on your own; there is a huge amount of support available
- It is not your fault.
- You cannot change your partner.
- Don’t forget that domestic abuse is wrong and is against the law.
Acknowledging that you are being abused is a big step, Stonham is here to support you, and at a pace that suits you. We will work with you and any other involved professionals, assessing your needs and, where necessary, will put you in touch with services appropriate to your needs.
Recognising you are being abused is a really important step and then staying safe is really key.
If you are leaving having somewhere safe to go is essential. For details on housing advice within Warwickshire see our other links section. Other options if you are fleeing include accessing a refuge space, essentially a safe house for women and children fleeing domestic abuse. The address will be confidential and no men are allowed access to the building. Details for the organisation Refuge are also on our other links section.
Whatever you decide, your safety is always the priority
Delivered at various locations in Warwickshire, Stonham deliver the Freedom Programme, to help educate, empower and support women to escape the cycle of abuse.
It could be for you if you have ever been:
- Manipulated, called names, felt unable to say 'No'
- Pushed, shouted at, punched
- Belittled, kicked or bitten
- Felt like you are walking on egg shells by your current partner or ex
Click here for more information about the Freedom Programme.
We run a wide range of other community-based services read more about our services here.